Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
jburrows500
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Re: Fenway Pics: My sons ipod is often better than my 5D
In reply to papillon_65, Apr 23, 2013

papillon_65 wrote:

jburrows500 wrote:

My 11 year old son and I went to Fenway today for a great afternoon of baseball.  There he is taking a panoramic pictures of the ball park that looks absolutely beautiful.. You would have though a fish-eye lens took it.. stitched together perfectly . all hand held.  Other shots throughout the day were perfectly balanced where my pics I knew would have to be edited in Lightroom for an hour to get similar results.. Sure I beat him everyday on pictures that require a shallow depth of field with my 5D and sigma 50mm 1.4.. but in landscape and general picture taking.. this ipod beats out my 5 pound body and lens more often than I care to admit... really starting to scratch my head and ask why I am I lugging this thing around... anyone else?

If you can't appreciate the difference between the files produced by the 5D and an Iphone/Ipod then you really don't need the 5D, liberate yourself and use what your son uses.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

Maybe I should just sell my 5D Tony and spend $2000 more to on a 5DIII then maybe I would "appreciate" taking pictures...  because it's all about what is around your neck right Tony... not about what the box with an iris, shutter and composer can do... Such an elitist mind set.. I hope your Lieca M3 serves you well...

jburrows500's gear list:jburrows500's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow