Which NEX lenses have the "WOW" factor?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
CosmoZooo
Regular MemberPosts: 446
Like?
Re: Which NEX lenses have the "WOW" factor?
In reply to PaddyC, Apr 22, 2013

PaddyC wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way but this image suffers from camera shake and it looks like the point of focus is in front of the girl. Nothing is sharp in this photo. Without the camera shake that would be a bad thing in some cases but it all underlines the difficulty of using manual focus legacy lenses.

I am with you on this one PaddyC. I like the picture very much actually and if printed 4x6 or even possibly a bit larger it will look great.

But if "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept" - LOL whatever that means - then all those complaints against NEX AF speed and accuracy could be considered pointless if this picture should be considered in focus - which it is not - the focus is in the vicinity of the subject.

AT ISO 100 1/1000 shutter - focus nailed with 16-50 kit for example would look tack sharp and I would have been able to see the details of the girl's face...the focus here is definitely off.

I have a Helios M42 55mm 2.0 and the older Canon FD 50mm 1.8...I like the results I can get with those lenses, but let's not pretend that a fast e-mount kit zoom lens that can give use some subject separation would not be awesome - like the 18-55 on the Fuji.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow