Why Mirrorless cameras and Micro 4/3rds, in particular, are important to me.

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 5,686
Like?
Re: Please realize
In reply to Midwest, Apr 22, 2013

Midwest wrote:

Very good photos.

Equalize everything else - assume that the EVF is as good as an OVF and that the AF is as fast - two assumptions about which I have reservations - and all I have to do to switch to a camera like yours is double my investment and get a camera smaller than I want.

What's the gain for me in that? To prove that there's something arguably somewhat as good as what I have for an extra thousand bucks?

I'm glad you are happy with your camera. In fact I've suggested that a friend of mine looking at mirrorless take a look at the specs and test reports of precisely the camera you shot those photos with. I'm not prejudiced; if mirrorless is what someone wants and it will work for them, I say have at it.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

Why would you buy a camera I like just because I like it? I don't care what camera you use.

You're welcome to have whatever feelings you have about whatever camera you like. I am not really interested in peoples camera choices.

I'm more interested in the many statements made by people that are incorrect, either wilfully, unintentionally. or through assumptions made without a factual basis. eg: autofocus on the OM-D.

That's a lot more fun, and people just keep giving me more opportunities to debate. It's an opportunity for me to blow off steam, learn a bit, and understand more about how people debate.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
M5?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NiceNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow