Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,293Gear list
Like?
Low Fidelity Landscapes
Apr 22, 2013

A few months ago I began a project concentrating on low fidelity photographic capture.  There has been a rush to perfection in photography that I myself have even been guilty of.  Trying to capture everything in a scene in hyper reality resolution.  I reached a point a short while ago where I felt the emotion was slowly creeping out of my work.  I realized the images I was becoming attached to were often more of a dreamy nature.  There was almost an inability to actually discern the entire scene....leaving a lot to the imagination.

I have moved back to using a cheap instamatic 110 film camera loaded with Lomo B&W film and also an ancient Canon D30 and no lens....just a zone plate attachment.  I felt these two methods were giving me the emotional narrative I wanted to capture....especially the zone plate which gives a dreamy, misty look that I then distress to the point of grainy hyper contrast.

Probably not to everyone's taste, but here is the first of the series, taken with the old 3mp Canon D30, a Zone Plate adapter with a f137 f ratio.  Simply water rolling over rocks.  With detail so low, it becomes as much imagination as recognition as to what it is. The rest I'll get up to my new Low Fidelity web site that is currently under construction.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +15 more
Canon EOS D30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow