6D VS. 5D Mark II - upgrade dilemma.

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
whensly
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D VS. 5D Mark II - upgrade dilemma.
In reply to meland, Apr 22, 2013

I own a 5D Mk II which I've used A LOTTTTTTT for over 3 years.

After a few jobs where it seems she's running out of gas I was considering what my next camera body will be, a 5d mk III, a 6D or a complete switch to Nikon or get rid of all of it, use my Fuji and a happy snap. Rent the FF cameras when I have biggee jobs.

My answer I think is to buy the 6D. I love FF. I am a pro but don't believe you need what the Manufacturer calls a PRO camera to make "pro" photos. I don't like that whole line of thinking. Canon considers you a pro if you own two pro bodies. Thanks Canon. I'll keep making money, art and winning awards and Canon can decide who's a pro. I'm cool with that...not!

I think every 2 years or so your cam body is going to be dated and need upgrading. I think the 6d is an upgrade from a 2010 MK II with a lot of milage. I don't need more than 7 focus points. I can live with all the drawbacks if you call them drawbacks. I save $1500 clams I can spend on a lens or a vacation. I've shot magazine covers with a rebel when my 5D was down. I taped up the model # and nobody knew.

I think it's 6D or bust for me. My friend just showed me an amazing photo today and later i asked what she took the photo with, she replied, "My Canon 20D".

Naysayers,  pixel peepers, Canon Koolaid drinkers be damned. 

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow