DxO 6D?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Keith Z Leonard
Senior MemberPosts: 3,975Gear list
Like?
Re: DxO 6D?
In reply to JOrmsby, Apr 22, 2013

In landscape is probably where the DR matters the most.  The D800 seems like the no brainer decision right now for a landscape photographer, especially if you are going to print huge.  Do you shoot HDR often?  That pretty much eliminates any difference anyway, as shooting HDR means that you can span a much greater DR than either camera.

DR is pretty much the only area in which I would expect the 5100 to be "better" than the 6D.  DXO's measurements seem odd to me, and at odds with a lot of other review sites.  The rate the d600 as having higher ISO performance than the 6D and in head to head comparisons I just don't see it.  Look at some of the ISO video reviews and the 6D is dominating there, for instance.  It's just confusing.

I can't imagine the 5100 winning in low ISO noise either, honestly, other than when pushing shadows which is a function of the dynamic range difference.

Not sure this helps, just some thoughts.

Keith Z Leonard's gear list:Keith Z Leonard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow