Worth it to upgrade from an HS10 to HS50?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lauredis
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Worth it to upgrade from an HS10 to HS50?
Apr 22, 2013

Hey guys and girls,

For the past 2 years I got a fantastic HS10. 30x zoom , all around camera. And I still am learning it.

In short I can sell this for 200Euros and give 250E more for the HS50 but is it worth it really?

So far I am really happy with it for Landscapes and Architecture, less happy for indoors.

Even night scenery is awesome with the HS10. Bracketing and HDR is a serious plus.

Occasionally I take a video or 2 of a lecture but the HD stops every 30mins

Also I cannot use at the same time an external monitor like the normal camcorders do.

The stabilization mechanism could be better but I consider that I have quite steady hands.

Blurring the background is really difficult if not impossible. Since HS50 has the same f stops I get that it also might be hard to get blurred backgrounds.

From the specifications I cannot say that there are so major differences that could excuse the 250E more for the HS50

What do you say?

http://www.digicamdb.com/compare/fujifilm_finepix-hs50-exr-vs-fujifilm_finepix-hs10/

Some of my samples

ANSWER:
FujiFilm FinePix HS10 (FinePix HS11)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow