Worth it to upgrade from an HS10 to HS50?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Worth it to upgrade from an HS10 to HS50?
Apr 22, 2013

Hey guys and girls,

For the past 2 years I got a fantastic HS10. 30x zoom , all around camera. And I still am learning it.

In short I can sell this for 200Euros and give 250E more for the HS50 but is it worth it really?

So far I am really happy with it for Landscapes and Architecture, less happy for indoors.

Even night scenery is awesome with the HS10. Bracketing and HDR is a serious plus.

Occasionally I take a video or 2 of a lecture but the HD stops every 30mins

Also I cannot use at the same time an external monitor like the normal camcorders do.

The stabilization mechanism could be better but I consider that I have quite steady hands.

Blurring the background is really difficult if not impossible. Since HS50 has the same f stops I get that it also might be hard to get blurred backgrounds.

From the specifications I cannot say that there are so major differences that could excuse the 250E more for the HS50

What do you say?

Some of my samples

FujiFilm FinePix HS10 (FinePix HS11)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow