Modern day answer to the Finepix F30?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,625Gear list
Like?
Re: Modern day answer to the Finepix F30?
In reply to Robert Fox, Apr 22, 2013

Robert Fox wrote:

Hello all!

I have a Finepix F30 point and shoot to compliment my DSLR (Canon 20D still) - The Finepix has never let me down, and I am still amazed at how good it performs in low light, how fast it is to use (turn on and off) - and especially the battery life.  The quality of the pictures are excellent considering it's a Point and Shoot . . .

When I bough it at the time, it was "the" compact camera for DSLR users to carry around.

Any suggestions on a modern day equivalent (a suggested compact camera for DSLR users as a complimentary camera) -  High ISO performance is important to me as well as quick startup & shutdown - and long battery.

Any comments welcome!  Cheers-

Unfortunately, there is no modern day equivalent to F30 and F31, they are unique in the history of digicams with the combination of low light ability, size, battery life and fast startup. Something has to give, if it is size, the great camera is Canon G15, if it is battery life (quite poor), the good modern day equivalent is Canon S110 or S100, if it is low light ability and battery life, then any of the modern Fuji F series superzooms will be OK (but you do get long zoom and some other features). It is best to keep the F30 no matter what you buy, so you can fall back to the good old F30 if you don't like the modern (half) alternatives. If you like to view images at 100%, almost any of the modern small digicams will have you cringe after the F30 pixel level quality at ISO 400 and less.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow