Sigma 50mm 1.4 soft?

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Infrabasse
Regular MemberPosts: 342Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 50mm 1.4 soft?
In reply to Aidan Gibson, Apr 22, 2013

Aidan Gibson wrote:

I had one and could get sharp pictures but it's obviously a little tricky @ 1.4 but a bit hit and miss.

Is this because of the narrow DOF? If yes then I thought of this and that would also explain why it starts to get sharp a f2.

Yes that's what I was implying. For this I point you to my static subject + tripod advice to find out if the problem lies with the lens or technique.

Make sure you do your tests with a static subject and with a tripod as you or your subject may be rocking slightly back and forth.Please note you also have a global lens adjustment which cumulated with the individual lens adjustment could allow you to adjust the equivalent of -20;0 or 0;+20. Although that will probably induce issues with your other glass.

Could you explain how I "access" this global lens adjustment? Does this mean it would stay adjusted on any lens?

Sorry I didn't realise you had a Kx, I don't think it has the global adjustment that can be found on K5

Infrabasse's gear list:Infrabasse's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow