Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Gabriel
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
x100s fuzzy and digital looking image samples
Apr 22, 2013

I really really like the x100s in terms of old school handling and look, and would like it as a second camera to my Nikon D90. However I'm puzzled by the many reviews all over the internet praizing the x100s' image quality. On initial viewing the images (full size samples) look fine. Colors are great and so is contrast, but on closer inspection the images look very digital. With no clear lines (fuzzy) and almost a powder like look to peoples faces.

Compared to the images taken with my D90 and ex. Nikons 35mm 2.0 AF-D, they look unsharp and very very digital. The images from Nikon D90 are pin sharp and does not look digital at all. At 100%

Why are people so positive about the x100s picture quality? It supposedly has a great lens, and the same size sensor as the D90, so shouldn't the camera be able to create pin sharp images like my 4 year old D90? I know it's not all about sharpness and detail, the x100s is famous for its magic image quality, you know that hard to describe quality to an image that just makes it pop, but in technical terms isn't nescissarily that impressive. I expected the IQ to be better.

What are your thoughts?

As an example look at this sample. The girls skin just isn't very natural looking. http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/photos/2474379/dscf0108-acr?inalbum=fujifilm-x100s-preview-samples

-- hide signature --

My kit as of now: Nikon D90, SB-600, 20-35mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 35mm f/2.0,
85mm f/1.8, - all Nikkors. Aperture 3 from Apple.

Fujifilm X100S Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow