Review of 10-18 is up at photozone.de

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dennishh
Contributing MemberPosts: 501Gear list
Like?
Re: Review of 10-18 is up at photozone.de
In reply to captura, Apr 22, 2013

captura wrote:

What do you mean? The test results for MTF from Photozone appear to be higher (for the center of the lens,) than those from Luminous Landscape.

What I meant was that the review by luminous landscape was extremely positive on this lens, actually comparing it to the Nikon 14-24. By viewing the actual images and results from the lens you can see that the reality is it's an exceptional lens. Photoszone's  testing of lenses is something that almost everyone uses to compare lenses when purchasing, but which I feel somewhat lacking in real world testing. By comparing it to exceptional lens like to Nikon photographers can get a better feel for the capabilities in field use. I would learn much more about a lens like a Nikon 50mm if it were compared shot for shot with a Zeiss 50. I also tested the Sony 10-18 against my Nikon 14-24 and was surprised by the Sony's ability.

Dennishh's gear list:Dennishh's gear list
Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow