Why Mirrorless cameras and Micro 4/3rds, in particular, are important to me.

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 5,710
Like?
Re: Please realize
In reply to Midwest, Apr 22, 2013

Midwest wrote:

Thorgrem wrote:

Richard wrote:

A person who is carrying around a dslr wants good quality and lens selction, which m4/3rd mirrorless cannot compete with.

Most persons I see carrying around a dSLR are using the cheap kit lens. So lens selection is apparently not a big issue for most dSLR users.

Probably a bigger concern is autofocus and a viewfinder that let them use the camera for more demanding subjects such as action and sports - at least that's the case for me.

Current m4/3 sensors (GH3, E-M5, E-PL5, E-PM2) are better than any Canon APS-C dSLR sensor.

Not to my eyes. Very good but certainly not better, and Canon is due (overdue) for an update.

And are just slightly less than Sony/Nikon APS-C sensors.

Okay.

As you probably know, most dSLRs are equipped with APS-C sensors. The Full Frame part of the pie is small.

So for most things m4/3 can compete to any APS-C dSLR.

You are going strictly off of ISO image quality, and not taking into account autofocus, a viewfinder useable for action, handling, body controls and probably a few other things. People who don't do more demanding shooting can do fine with a mirrorless.

And why would I want to pay a lot more for a camera that is less capable than my dslr?

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

Pfft.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
M5?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NiceNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow