DSLR Video Newb- What Camera Support?

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 632Gear list
Like?
Re: DSLR Video Newb- What Camera Support?
In reply to FoolyCooly, Apr 22, 2013

FoolyCooly wrote:

Leon, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad I asked because I was leaning toward the steadicam as being easier for a newb to handle. I'm looking at a few shoulder mounts now. Should I bother with things like follow focus and matte box now or would it be better to add them later?

Also my 3-way head needs replaced. I'll look at a proper fluid head as well. Not sure about the jib yet... baby steps.

-- hide signature --

The best camera is the one you have with you.

I would start with out some of those things, add them later IMO, get use to learning how to do a follow focus from the camera, and for me many times, (depending on the lens and cameras focus system) I can use the the auto focus to do the same thing as a rack-focus.

Whatever you get just get something you can grow with.  Good Luck,

Leon

PS: This seems like a nice jib I have my eyes on, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Mini-Carbon-Camera-Crane-Jibs-Jib-Arm-Crane-only-1-8kg-2m-extention-/121097847590?pt=US_Tripods&hash=item1c31fe8326

gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow