Review of 10-18 is up at photozone.de

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,937Gear list
Like?
Bill: this was and still is my main mantra: "you need a correction"?...
In reply to bill hansen, Apr 22, 2013

bill hansen wrote:

Keith and jpr - I think we'll all have to learn to use DXO, PT lens, or some other program which corrects lens distortions, CA, etc. Since I shoot RAW almost all the time, I know I'll have to do that. I have skipped over those correction programs during my Canon years, but I'll need them now.

..."then do it yourself" !!

• I give those automatic corrections a wide berth, as far and as quick as I can...
  • if only because they do meddle with my routines, and I'm not very happy with the "one size fits all" the OOC routines are allowing;
  • but above all because I'd like to have as complete control of all aspects of my RAWs as possible
  • corrections were never a problem for me - there are medleys of SW options to do one's PP,
  • and when honed to each specific task, and fine tuned, I don't think OOC can do as good a job as exactly match each end user's preferences and priorities;

also... there is a joy & pleasure of job well done, which IMO can't be matched by relying on a canned preset to do this or that, in an averaged way: "aimed to be just good enough" !!

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow