Favourite gizmo/function?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
cplunk
Contributing MemberPosts: 976Gear list
Like?
Re: Favourite gizmo/function?
In reply to Pitbullo, Apr 22, 2013

Focus Peaking.  While I rarely manual focus when it's at it's most useful, I mostly use DMF to auto focus and once locked switch to manual focus at which point the peaking turns on. I know at that point if the AF system locked onto the right thing, or my subject is moving to fast and I need to switch to AF-C. (or I can manually adjust, which is pretty easy with the peaking on).  I also use the face detection to lock onto faces.  It really makes focusing fast and easy.

I really like the multi frame noise reduction, but wouldn't get a camera just for that.  I haven't really spent much time trying to figure out the in camera HDR, and haven't seen anything great from the 2-3 attempts playing with it (I think stuff moved too much?). The Panoramas are nice, but rarely are my results that great, and it's not a type of picture that commonly wow's me.

The level I actually find useful sometimes doing landscape or interior shots with wide angles. I rarely do these, but know how awful they can get without getting level and square, and the in camera level makes that very easy.

And I really like the GPS. My mother has boxes of my father's photos and now that he's gone, she has no idea when or where many of them are from. Even when my father was here it was sometimes a guessing game to remember where the photos were taken, even with photos of the whole family, someplace in Europe... But, where in Europe? With the GPS in camera, accurate time and date and place is stored right into the photo.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow