Using a D7100 in AUTO mode???

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,786Gear list
Like?
Re: I am just going to re-cycle a response here
In reply to blue_cheese, Apr 22, 2013

blue_cheese wrote:

Im gonna try to be nice as I like you, but...what i said 2 years ago to a troll post like this still holds, up the model from D7000 to D7100, these superiority complex posts baffle me, what do you care how other people take pictures, as long as they are happy.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/38323825

It is like having one of the D3100 auto shooters mock you for not using the great and useful "Guide" feature on the camera... you use what you need and buy what you want... plain and simple. Or maybe.

Since so many people like to equate cameras to cars on this forum... how do you think Kobe's ex Wife would feel about your comments:

http://celebritycar.blogspot.ca/2013/04/vanessa-bryants-car.html

Hi blue_cheese, this has absolutely nothing to do with a "superiority complex post", and i really don't know what the big deal is.  Don't get me wrong, i was very happy for this gentleman to own a D7100, man, that is a very nice camera to hold. My comment has nothing to do with me carryng or not carryng how others use their cameras to take pictures, you are right, that's none of my business.  My point was how a lot of people "think" that the latest and most advanced camera that is available will take awesome photos for them (automatically), they think that if they set it to AUTO mode the camera will "think" for them.

Like i said, when he started "testing" my lens that i sold him he then started shooting with the camera to make sure my lens was good.  Guess what?  All his photos were comming out extremely blurry and he started asking me if "MY" lens was bad, i checked the photos and the camera was selecting a shutter of 1/60.  I have no idea what kind of photos his D3100 was outputting in AUTO mode, but with a 24MP D7100 i find it hard to believe someone shooting like that for a year or two, or more.

Heck, i started shooting in AUTO with my D7000 in the beginning, but soon after two or three tries i clearly saw and realized that i needed to change that if i wanted to take full advantage of my D7000.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow