Fenway Pics: My sons ipod is often better than my 5D

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,574
Like?
He is probably a better photographer than you.
In reply to jburrows500, Apr 22, 2013

jburrows500 wrote:

My 11 year old son and I went to Fenway today for a great afternoon of baseball.  There he is taking a panoramic pictures of the ball park that looks absolutely beautiful.. You would have though a fish-eye lens took it.. stitched together perfectly . all hand held.  Other shots throughout the day were perfectly balanced where my pics I knew would have to be edited in Lightroom for an hour to get similar results.. Sure I beat him everyday on pictures that require a shallow depth of field with my 5D and sigma 50mm 1.4.. but in landscape and general picture taking.. this ipod beats out my 5 pound body and lens more often than I care to admit... really starting to scratch my head and ask why I am I lugging this thing around... anyone else?

At least that is what I have been told here, that a good photographer can carry around a point and shoot or camera phone and make better pictures than a noob with a FF.

Your statement speak quite loudly about the differing level of skills between you and your son.

But I am sure that you are proud that your son has succeed where you have failed, it is what we hope, our children are more talented than we are.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow