Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KennyB
Senior MemberPosts: 1,145
Like?
Terminology or training for Collage?
Apr 22, 2013

I've been working on collages for a friend that restores interiors of cars. I've been painstakingly creating each collage by measuring pictures and cropping each picture to fit in a specifically measured area and adjusting from there.

My question is what is the correct terminology for creating a template that I can just drag the picture into a premade shape, so I don't have to crop and check each time I decide to place a picture? Just like using a program to make a book or card that has a pre-determined area for the picture and one for text. I want to make the "template" of the collage up and then just arbitrarily drop pictures in each of the squares, circles, etc.

I believe once I have the correct terminology or wording, I can find stuff in my books or internet on how to create it.

Thanks for your help. If I really confused you with this question and you are presently scratching your head saying, "What the heck is he asking?" I'm sorry, maybe I can say it differently somehow.

Ken

-- hide signature --

Happy to Photograph!
Ken
http://kennyb.smugmug.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow