The goal - First, grab your attention. . .

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,999Gear list
Like?
Re: The goal - First, grab your attention. . .
In reply to Neurad1, Apr 22, 2013

Neurad1 wrote:

Beautiful stuff. Can you discuss the postprocessing you did a little?

Basically, start out with the RAW in LR to correct for any  CA/fringing, tweak WB/colors and work on the tonality, with a mild (?) application of NR and sharpening.   The tonality often runs like this - pull down whites while keeping the white point high, raise Shadows while maintaining the black point.

Actually, I've been taking the mono JPGs and working on them first (a good exposure at ISO 3200 can be surprisingly work-able).   If needed I'd turn to the RAW as described and then feed it to Silver Efex Pro.  After the basics, then an overall view of the tones is examined to see if portions of what's within the frame are distractingly bright or dark (say, the left side of the exposure is naturally brighter than the right, to try to insure that's not a distraction).   If this is the case, sometimes it's obvious at the onset, at others it reveals itself when I add the final vignetting touch.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow