Nikon D7100 left focus issue

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
amobi
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,011
Like?
Re: Wrong lens
In reply to lordbeau, Apr 22, 2013

lordbeau wrote:

Thanks for the history. I am torn between D600 and 6D (and D800). It would cost me a fortune to go 6D because of flash, lenses etc.

I'm wary of D600 and D800 because of 'issues'...

Using D300s at the moment still...

Before the firmware update I would have suggest you run like hell from D800. I have shot two weddings already with D800 after the firmware update. I can say this with absolute confident that D800 is the camera to have.

I know what you mean about cost. It cost me a lot to move to Nikon because I had to sell a lot of stuff. This is why I was so hesitant to move back to Canon again when I was having issues with my D800 because I built my entire kit around D800.

I now have so much trust and confident on my D800 that I shot the entire wedding this past Saturday with D800 without bringing out my 5DIII not even once. That says a lot because not so long, D800 was not even good enough for backup.

For D600 I was never crazy about it. The AF is cramped mainly on the middle, NO PC connection, maximum shutter at 1/4000, flash sync 1/200 sec, only take SD cards and host of other little things that were missing. I won't even mention the oil on sensor. Canon 6D is even worst.

D800 is a more complete system and price is very reasonable. The only reason to switch to Canon will be 5DIII. 5DIII is jack of all trades and master of all.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow