Review of 10-18 is up at photozone.de

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Review of 10-18 is up at photozone.de
In reply to Dennishh, Apr 22, 2013

Dennishh wrote:

Here we go again. Photozone loves every lens except Sony. I have not experienced anything other than stellar results from the 10-18! Take a look at the review of this lens at Luminous Landscape.

Leica 14-50, lower numbers all around still gets 4 stars?

I don't think he really has preference for any lenses.  The lens isn't that great on the NEX 7 unless you consider it an f/5.6 or f/8 lens, maybe due to field curvature, maybe something else.  Sony does a good job of making their lenses look marginal themselves.

Don't compare the actual numbers, they are different bodies, but this is why I generally ignore ranking systems or x/y rankings, because the NEX 7 makes the lens look worse than it is by putting up higher numbers in the center of the frame, but still high in the corners respective of other systems, but it makes the lens look like it performs worse in the corners because it is relatively worse.

I agree, its important to look at multiple reviews, but I can't say I disagree with the conclusion.  I have used other much cheaper ultra wides that perform better than the Sony, but they Sony does plenty good for what it is as long as you stop down the aperture.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow