Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,726Gear list
Like?
Re: Several unhappy x100s owners posting, but look at this and tell me...
In reply to atone2, Apr 22, 2013

atone2 wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

JacquesBalthazar wrote:

Apologies for barging... Was just zapping through this forum looking for X100s pics, and was puzzled by the thread title.

I have not looked closely at that many X100s pics yet, but while the ones you have posted look good from the distance, with nice grays for example on #1 and interesting composition, I just zoomed now on #1, looking at the boy's face at 100%, and indeed, the skin (and t-shirt) shows horrible "watercolour" smudge.

I am amazed to see this, and wonder if you have not been a way too radical in your jpeg compression or whatever PP you might have managed?

Do not get me wrong: the pic looks real good from normal viewing distance. But, technically, at 100%, there is clearly something wrong.

I cannot imagine for 1 second that X100s pictures are usually like this.

Again, apologies for barging in this this forum as I am not a Fuji owner (yet).

Jacques, for your reference a X100S sample which you can look at (at 100%) should you wish to pixel peep:

Impressive!!

JPEG or RAW? I really don´t understand why I find some of the X100S files very good, clean and sharp, while some of them are a complete mess of smearing...

X100S RAW processed in Aperture, which produces superior levels of fine detail at 100% compared to LR. It has other weaknesses though (some about the program and some re the files) but if the exposure is OK I do prefer it to LR.

LR isn't as good with X100S RAWs compared to X-Pro1 etc, though these are tiny differences...

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow