Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,787Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't...
In reply to Mako2011, Apr 22, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

The point is simple, there are TONS of folks out there that think that the latest high end camera will do miracles or that the camera WILL take awesome photos because it is the "latest technology".  Clearly there are lots of people using this type of cameras in AUTO mode and have no clue what  A, S, and M does, not to mention other functions.  What a waste of money and what a waste of a camera.

Not a waste at all and you should encourage him to tell all his friends to do the same. Some day he may grow into it.  In the meantime, his purchase funds the next iteration of the high end consumer APS-c camera. Without his "next best thing" mentality amd purchase ability, and all those like it....the D7200 would make Leica's look like a bargain...if it came at all. His purchasing power is why you and I can afford a high end APS-c camera. Don't discourage that

Lots of people here ask "should i jump to D7000/D7100/D600?"  It is clear that most people do not need massive high MP, but another thing folks should consider is how they operate a camera and IF they are going to continue shooting that way, or change those ways and go fully manual to take full advantage of what all modern and "older" cameras can do.

You should buy the D7100 and put in a pre-order for the D7200...get your friends to do the same. I want a D400 at a reasonable price I started out in green mode...It was the start of a very enjoyable ride. Glad I was not discouraged from going the high end consumer DSLR route. Also, it's just not nice to hang out at the play ground with a Santa Clause doesn't exist sign

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

I am totally with you Mako, i didn't tell the guy to tell his friends not to buy it.  I just said to myself "WOW" from this experience.  In a way i just thought it was cute and funny

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow