Why Mirrorless cameras and Micro 4/3rds, in particular, are important to me.

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,620Gear list
Like?
Re: Rubbish!
In reply to rattymouse, Apr 22, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

John W. wrote:

bosjohn21 wrote:

Dareshooter wrote:

Glad you enjoyed your visit to San Diego,you've got some nice pics there.Not sure why you feel sorry for folks carrying dslrs and large lenses though as probably most of them enjoy using their gear as much as you enjoy yours.Regarding the first picture I see that they've repositioned the statue which makes it difficult to get a decent shot of the front of it without getting wet or from the deck of the Midway:-) Last time I shot the statue it was facing the other way round  with the back facing the Midway.

not to sound alarming but there are very real and serious medical conditions which are caused by or exacerbated  by carrying around thirty or forty pounds of kit over your shoulders day in and day out. and the older we get the more profound this can be.

That is not to say the big camera and big kit shooters are not having fun

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

Where do you get thirty or forty pounds from ?  I am over 70 and carry a medium format camera + digital back + 4 lenses all day without any problems and that kit only weighs in at nine pounds. In fact if I added my DSLR, mirrorless and P&S plus lenses it still would be less than 20 pounds.

It's a typical tactic of the mirrorless crowd in that they have to dramatically over state the weight of SLR gear in order to justify their mirrorless purchase.  You can see it virtually everywhere.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

Soooo, does that mean there's 2 mirrorless crowds? Those that do overstate and those that don't?

Or perhaps that care should be used when making broad generalisations to ensure you don't say stupid things?

Read the full thread and you will understand my position.  As it is stated above, you are completely clueless.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

I know your position in this thread. I am just pointing out that you're being very careless with generalisations.

Typical DSLR user. No understanding of logic. <-- This is humorous and is intended to show you the stupidity of making blanket generalisations. Obviously this statement is incorrect, as there's no reason to assume that DSLR users can't understand logic. To apply it correctly I would have to say "You have no understanding of logic" (Which I would then also have to support but that's another story).

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
M5?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NiceNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow