Why Mirrorless cameras and Micro 4/3rds, in particular, are important to me.

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,446Gear list
Like?
Re: Inexplicable
In reply to rattymouse, Apr 22, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

Richard wrote:

What I don't understand is why people are so insecure that they must post justifying posts telling people not to dismiss their choice or their camera and seek acceptance among the DSLR community. If you are happy with your camera great but realize it is a tween system and it will have to do a lot better in features and a much lower price to gain traction in the US.

There's something about mirrorless purchases that invokes immense insecurity among the buyer.  It is very hard to understand but you can find post after post of insecure mirrorless folk trying desperately to substantiate their purchases.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

I reckon that's bollocks.

I would expect that people who are insecure about their purchases cross all camera format boundaries. In fact I'd say that's a characteristic of people, rather than camera sensor format.

I've had several people make a similar claim about me, when all I've been doing is correcting some pretty blatantly incorrect claims. Most of the time in my conversations. I see this claim wheeled out as a distraction to cover up for the requirement for being correct.

Sure, there are insecure types in all formats.  But the constant drum from the mirrorless crowd is unmistakable.  A good chunk of mirrorless people simply have to put down DSLR users constantly it seems.  It is a very religiously inclined crowd.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

***Looks at this thread

If you say so......

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
M5?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NiceNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow