First Post - D800 soon, Please Advise: Which first two lenses?

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
luxor2
Contributing MemberPosts: 581
Like?
Re: First Post - D800 soon, Please Advise: Which first two lenses?
In reply to r0gue, Apr 22, 2013

r0gue wrote:

I'm new to DSLRs.  Some photography enthusiast friends gave me a lot of instruction and I found myself enticed to a full frame D800.  That was a loong contemplation and a LOAD of research and advice.  But that said, I find the lens decision a little more challenging.

(I think) I want a nice prime for faces, family, friends. Thinking of a 50 or 85.  Either in a 1.4 or 1.8.

And (I think) I want a nice ll around zoom lens.

I'd love to hear some advice from all of you.  I'll keep poking around to continue learning.  Thank for your help!

If you want to continue learning before the D800 purchase, first buy a entry level DSLR with kit lens,

It will be worth every cent to advance your photographic equipment knowledge and experience.

You could buy a D3100 kit with lens and sell it afterwards, for only a few hundred dollars less, or like many users of pro level gear, keep it as a convenient vacation camera of much lighter weight.

For the types of photos you suggest, a super high resolution camera is hardly necessary anyhow!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow