The goal - First, grab your attention. . .

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,712Gear list
Like?
Re: The goal - First, grab your attention. . .
In reply to Guy Parsons, Apr 22, 2013

Guy Parsons wrote:

They all worked for me except in the narrow walkway/footbridge situations where you do need a person there, walking away is fine, to "show the purpose" of the structure.

For me, the first one is a little disappointing. Go two steps closer and slightly left so you get a pile filling that empty space in the bottom righthand corner? And also get the foot of the bridge upright clear of the piles? Fall into the water in the process and die of some foul pollution? 

OK that's just drawing on the mess of notes that I accumulated once after listening to many camera club judge comments over the years - usually criticising my "gems"

That's a good idea. When my daughter was younger, I used to offer treats in exchange for her being the human figure in such situations.

Bob, did you take any off center a bit? I tend to prefer that these days -- makes the picture more complex yet retains the essential symmetry in the eye of the beholder.

Anyway, I always like seeing your shots, saves me a trip to NY.

Ditto about like your work, Bob, if envy and generally unfulfilled promises to myself to lift my game by trying a couple of things like yours can be translated to "like"! 

In this group, the killer shot for me is the last one. In our shared culture, the bottom right is the "natural" exit point for the eye -- but in that pic, the eye gets there and is forcefully directed back up to the top again by the curved steps, then the bridge drags us through the pic again. Excellent!

Not having to visit NY, Guy, leaves you free to squander your time and treasure one letter further along in the alphabet -- NZ. 

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow