How do you delete your unneeded photos or do you hoard them like me?

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jimmy K.
Contributing MemberPosts: 500
Like?
Re: How do you delete your unneeded photos or do you hoard them like me?
In reply to usedtobedontrustme, Apr 21, 2013

Recommendation: Delete.  My concern is not with deleting the bad photos.  More importantly, it is how I can better enjoy the my better photos.

Previously, when I was using P&S, I was keeping all my photos, because it is hard to differentiate between bad vs bad.  And disk space and # of photos both are not significant.  So I got into the habit of keeping everything.

When I first got my DSLR, I shoot a lot more often and I shoot a lot more photos in same setting.  Many of the photos are similar or duplicates.  So I finally learned to delete photos and only keep the photos I will enjoy looking at.

Get a software that allows side-by-side comparison.  And use star rating or color rating. In first pass, mark the photos.  Examples:  delete (1-star), keep (2-star), good enough for posting (3-star), further edit and then post (4-star), etc.

You can then go back 2nd pass and make sure the 1-star are indeed to be deleted.  And this is also easier to find the best photos using star ratings.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow