Nikon D7100 left focus issue

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
amobi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,737
Like?
Re: Wrong lens
In reply to lordbeau, Apr 21, 2013

lordbeau wrote:

When you say you sold the 6D “so fast”, do you mean you regret getting rid of it so quickly or just that you were in a hurry to get rid of it because you considered it a poor product? Did you have Canon lenses, other Canon bodies? Did you not appreciate the 6D’s FF sensor?

I used to own 5DIII, D600 and D800. From day one, I was never happy with my D800 AF including the left AF. I complained on D800 forum for months and I was called all sorts of names. I sent my D800 to Nikon three times with no improvement. They fixed the left AF and the center went out of whack.  So I started contemplating moving back to Canon.

I sold my D600 for Canon 6D. Right after I bought Canon 6D Nikon came out with D800 firmware update. The firmware update changed everything for me. My D800 AF was night and day after the update. I got so happy with my D800 AF performance that I knew right away that I wasn't going to be switching back to Canon. I sold my 6D immediately with no questions asked and went for D7100. Canon 6D center focus is one of the best period but after seeing what I can do with D800 all 51 points Canon 6D became old news to me. Only the center point of 6D works the rest are garbage.

I am so glad I did not sell my D800 after months of frustration. Now I can go as far as saying that my D800 AF is a tad better than my 5DIII. That says a lot because 5DIII AF is superb. I was hoping that D7100 will work the same. The first copy failed me but I have high hopes for the second copy.

I own Canon 35L, 135L, 50/1.4 and 16-35MKII. I use them with my 5DIII.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow