Started Apr 21, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Juxa
Regular MemberPosts: 145
Like?
Compact camera for mom
Apr 21, 2013

I'm searching for a compact camera as a present for my mother. He's a standard amateur, but very critic when it comes to photo quality(technical). Yet, she doesn't want to get more into photography , she's happy with the snapshooting on auto.

She bought Panasonic ZX3 (or something in that line of cameras), and she was extremely unhappy with indoor performance, especially flash photographs, high iso, and white balance(which is especially off when using flash). She wasn't too happy with either inteligent Auto or Auto modes either.

So, I'm on a lookout for a compact camera with good auto mode, decent indoor flash performance, and decent auto white balance. It shouldn't be too expensive either.

Zoom range can be anything from 5x above, it shouldn't bee too large (lens should collapse completely or nearly completely into the body). It would be nice if lens would be bright, and features like sweep panorama would be nice too, but aren't a must.

Currently I'm contemplating between IXUS 125HS, IXUS 230HS, IXUS 500HS, Coolpix S8200, S6300, S6400.

Read that 500HS has problem with noise (because it's utilising only part of the sensor to achieve such zoom in compact body).

Any recommendation between stated cameras, or new addition to the mix?

-- hide signature --

---

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix S6300 Nikon Coolpix S6400 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3 (Lumix DMC-ZX3)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow