Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Reilly Diefenbach
Senior MemberPosts: 8,375Gear list
Like?
Re: Still Waiting
In reply to twamers, Apr 21, 2013

twamers wrote:

Reilly

I've no issue with how good the D7100 is, I'm glad nikon have another winner on their hands seeing as I'm an investor in the brand - and like you I'm not buying one so I'm just curious.

What interests me is if you print A4, put in a frame behind glass and stick on a wall and view it from 10-15ft away.  Is the average person going to clearly see the difference from say a D7100 photo and say a D7000, D5200 photo?

Maybe not.  Like the vast majority here and in the picture taking population as a whole, I rarely print.  The impact of dynamic range limited 8X10 from 10 or 15 feet away is not worth the bother, imo, 16X20 not much better.  Two feet away, things get more interesting, and I have no doubt there would be a visible difference.  But I've always been a go big or go home kind of guy from the slideshow days.  Anyone here old enough to remember the Carousel projector showing the family slides on a wrinkly screen?  Well, we're way beyond that now.  A late model 55 or 60" LED or plasma flat panel outdoes the old tech by an order of magnitude.   But wait, there's more.  Coming soon to a desktop, laptop and living room wall, 4K video.  That's four times the pixels we're presently peeping.  The D7100 will show even better than it already does. A lot better than passing around a stack of 8X10s around the coffee table.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow