Help me decide between the 135L and the 70-300L IS for a 6D

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
TristatePhoto
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Re: Help me decide between the 135L and the 70-300L IS for a 6D
In reply to Jay A, Apr 21, 2013

Jay A wrote:

Sharpness should be the least concern for most photographers. Getting the photo is at the top of the priority list. The 135F2 lacks IS it's going to be pretty darn hard to get "sharp" photos out of it unless you're using flash as your main or using very high shutter speeds and machine gunning the shutter.

I suggested the Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS because it offers the most bang for the buck

It honestly wasn't all that long ago that there was no such thing as IS. Back in the 80s I made a very good living shooting sports with lenses like the 180 F2.8 Nikon and various 300 and 400 Nikons. None had IS and to be honest, if they did, the IS would have been pretty useless for shooting sports anyway.

It is not darn hard to get a sharp photo using the 135 F2. Honestly it produces some of the sharpest images I have ever seen from a camera including some Leicas that I have also owned.

Like I said I'd rather have a lens with IS.

200mm @ 2.8 with IS more than likely produces a thinner DOF than the Canon 135L @ F2.

Plus a 70-200 is much more versatile and you can change the perspective of your photos easily and get more variety than a prime that's fixed at one focal length.

-- hide signature --

www.warrenjrphotography.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow