Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
howielenny
Contributing MemberPosts: 715Gear list
Like?
Re: Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...
In reply to mosswings, Apr 21, 2013

Always good to read reviews and especially reading the one from camera labs.
However from a hands on experience (I previously owned the D7000) I've come to my own conclusions.
My D7100 definitely has more naturally sharper images straight out of camera in both raw and jpg. That could be down to the lenses working on my D7100 better than on the D7000 or the lack of AA filter. All I do know is that its definitely working in my favour with the upgrade.
The auto focus for Bifs is much better for me with the D7100. I'm getting many more keepers than I did with my D7000. The auto focus system alone was enough to warrant my upgrade.
I would also say that noise levels are a little better on the D7100 looking at similar images with the same iso on my D7100 and old D7000.
Also I absolutely love the crop mode for telephoto work. Like have a 1.4 teleconverter without any loss of image quality.

The D7000 is a fantastic camera and I've had lots of wonderful photos that I took with it. However for me at least, the D7100 is a clear step up in performance and I'd say about a 10% improvement in image quality. 
Would I still be happy with the image quality and performance if I still had the D7000? Of course I would. However now I've got the D7100 would I be happy to go back to the D7000? Of course not.

howielenny's gear list:howielenny's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow