Nikon D7100 left focus issue

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
amobi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,895
Like?
Re: Wrong lens
In reply to lock, Apr 21, 2013

lock wrote:

The af aperture is 3.5. You need a faster lens to notice it. On the other hand, if you do not use faster lenses there will be no problem with the outer sensors.

Lock

I was going to say the same thing about the lens used but sometimes it is better to leave these guys alone and let them be happy with their camera.

I tested mine with Sigma 35/1.4 and Nikon 50/1.8G and they both were blur with left AF point. Center was crazy sharp and right is somewhat sharp but not as center so I returned it.

Seeing what I can do now with my D800 all 51 points, I can't see myself settling for anything less. I can dial any point on my D800 after the firmware update and nail focus with ease. It is a beautiful thing to see. It makes shooting so much easy.  Now that I know it is possible I can't have it any other way.

I sold my Canon 6D so fast for D7100. So far so good but the left side has to focus properly. As far as I'm concerned some D7100 has left AF issue period. My replacement will come tomorrow we shall see.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow