My Fuji HS50EXR Review

Started Apr 21, 2013 | User reviews thread
DS21
Senior MemberPosts: 1,648Gear list
Like?
Re: My Fuji HS50EXR Review
In reply to wymjym, Apr 21, 2013

wymjym wrote:

I would imagine that spot is better for critters.....if you miss the exposure on fur/feathers there is usually too much noise or no detail to work with...so basically the critter is most important and the surrounding area takes a back seat.

wj

-- hide signature --

nikonfujicanonandricoh

I agree, but in the review the spot metering is a general recommendation, not just for critters. In all posted samples there is 0 Ev applied, I question will the less skilled users be able to pull this off just using spot, especially in high contrast scenes. The reviewer is effectively taking the camera metering out of the equation, replacing it with his skill in using spot, this is not how it will necessarily work for others. And Fuji metering, both avg and multi, is the area where Fuji slipped the most lately, it is strange not to mention it at all, and it can be a big problem for less skilled users who consider the camera based on this review.

DS21's gear list:DS21's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F11 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow