Why Mirrorless cameras and Micro 4/3rds, in particular, are important to me.

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dr Hal
Contributing MemberPosts: 766Gear list
Like?
Why Mirrorless cameras and Micro 4/3rds, in particular, are important to me.
Apr 21, 2013

I am 70 years old and have loved photography since I was 14 years old and my father bought me my 1st  "good" camera.  It was a Kodak Retina IIIC, which I still have today and it is in good working order except for the light meter.  I have had numerous cameras of every type over the years.  There are only a few that stand out to me.  My Pentax spotomatic, my Nikon 8008 which I hated because of the terrible autofocus, my Canon A2E, and then a series of Canon DSLR's.  Then I bought a Panasonic GF1 just to play with and it soon became the camera that I carried 90% of the time.

I just got back yesterday from a trip that I took with my 9 year old grandson to San Diego.  I actually felt sorry for the many people my age who I saw carrying large DSLR's with even larger lenses on them plus more lenses in camera bags.  I just carried my OMD on a shoulder strap with the 14 -140 lens on it, and two batteries and an extra SDHC card.  While I do realize that my photography certainly is not up to the standards of many of you, I am happy with the results and I was able to walk around for the whole day keeping up with a 9 year old (he is a very easy child and is happy to keep my pace).

I am attaching a few of the pictures that I like.  I have not had time to really go through my San Diego pictures yet.  We got home (Baltimore) last night.

I hope that people will keep an open mind and not just automatically dislike the mirrorless format because if you give it a chance, you just might enjoy it as much as I am.

Hal

Dr Hal's gear list:Dr Hal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +8 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
M5?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NiceNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow