SEL35/1.8 and NEX 6 indoors-What mode for "non photographers"?

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rick V Regular Member • Posts: 122
SEL35/1.8 and NEX 6 indoors-What mode for "non photographers"?

Hello,

New to the NEX forum, upgraded from an old Pana FZ20, old Olympus digitals too....

Got the legacy lens bug...buying old lenses like a madman and loving the manual focus and focus peaking, what a blast!!

So.....and I'm sure others have this dilemma...what about the non-photogs in the family, or if YOU want to be in some pics and have some else take the shot....wife, kid, grandma...

So recently bought the SEL35/1.8 which I use a lot, mainly outdoors and have had no problems, but I also bought it for the "non-photogs" in the family, for indoor family gatherings.

Felt that the Auto focus, fast prime indoors, etc would be no problems for wife, grandma etc, and a chance for ME to be in some shots...........but, Nooooooo! Still getting terrible pictures from them (the non-photogs)..

I typically use Aperture priority with my MF legacy lenses, sometimes will adjust ISO and/or shutter speed too depending on situation. So what "mode"/ and or settings  (NEX 6) should I put the camera in for the "non-photogs" to help insure usable shots, using this lens?? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

Rick

Oh...and a shot I took the other day, using  Minolta 85/1.7, natural light indoors, no PP except crop,

NEX 6, Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 85mm/f1.7

straight OOC jpeg....loving this camera!

Rick V's gear list:Rick V's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow