SEL35/1.8 and NEX 6 indoors-What mode for "non photographers"?

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rick V
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
SEL35/1.8 and NEX 6 indoors-What mode for "non photographers"?
Apr 21, 2013

Hello,

New to the NEX forum, upgraded from an old Pana FZ20, old Olympus digitals too....

Got the legacy lens bug...buying old lenses like a madman and loving the manual focus and focus peaking, what a blast!!

So.....and I'm sure others have this dilemma...what about the non-photogs in the family, or if YOU want to be in some pics and have some else take the shot....wife, kid, grandma...

So recently bought the SEL35/1.8 which I use a lot, mainly outdoors and have had no problems, but I also bought it for the "non-photogs" in the family, for indoor family gatherings.

Felt that the Auto focus, fast prime indoors, etc would be no problems for wife, grandma etc, and a chance for ME to be in some shots...........but, Nooooooo! Still getting terrible pictures from them (the non-photogs)..

I typically use Aperture priority with my MF legacy lenses, sometimes will adjust ISO and/or shutter speed too depending on situation. So what "mode"/ and or settings  (NEX 6) should I put the camera in for the "non-photogs" to help insure usable shots, using this lens?? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

Rick

Oh...and a shot I took the other day, using  Minolta 85/1.7, natural light indoors, no PP except crop,

NEX 6, Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 85mm/f1.7

straight OOC jpeg....loving this camera!

Rick V's gear list:Rick V's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow