Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom2572
Contributing MemberPosts: 954
Like?
Minolta 100-300mm APO D does baseball
Apr 21, 2013

Although I've only had my 70-210/4 for a few weeks, I walked into a local camera shop dedicated to Canon/Nikon yesterday and saw a Minolta 100-300 APO D in like new condition sitting on a shelf for $75. Yes, $75. I guess whoever put the tag on it looked up the lens online and confused it with the other 100-300mm, and since none of them could care less about A-mount stuff I offered and they accepted $60 to keep it from sullying the lenses near it on the shelf.

Took it to a game last night and here are some of the results. I think it might be back focusing a bit but will need to do some more testing to confirm. I also need to put it up against my 70-210/4 to see which one performs better on my A77. Anyway, I dug around a bit on this lens and people rarely mention that it has 9 curved blades on it when comparing it to other tele's. Does anyone talk about or use this lens as a portrait lens?

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow