Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
twamers
Regular MemberPosts: 189Gear list
Like?
Re: Still Waiting
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, Apr 21, 2013

Reilly

I don't disagree with your view on this pic or on the qualities of the D7100 and what it brings to the table. It's clearly in a number of areas technology moving forwards as it should - otherwise why would Nikon launch it?  I mean the slogan 'here is the D7100 and it's no better than the D7000' is hardly gonna drive sales. Nikon must believe it is a forward step.

But for those who don't print higher than A4 size or don't have some specific reason where say the 51pt autofocus might bring them benefits then there may be little reason to upgrade.  Many people will fall into this category.

It's the same for those that want to move - if they see a good reason and the cash is there then go for it! And many people will fall into this category.  It's clearly an excellent camera.

I'm not buying one because I am very happy with my D7000 and backup D5000 and my spare cash has to go elsewhere for now. I may skip this generation to the next but even then I may still stick with the D7000.  I'm not a birder or big landscape shooter and never print larger than A4 (whoops! I have once with a D5000 shot) but I'm happy that the D7100 is as good as it is.

But overall I'm not sure where this thread is headed. I did see some super bird photos with D7100 posted by Jim the other day - they were utterly fantastic!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow