umbrella or softbox for travelling?

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Clueless Wanderer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,134Gear list
Like?
Re: umbrella or softbox for travelling?
In reply to chasg, Apr 21, 2013

chasg wrote:

Clueless, you've made a very poor assumption, I'm afraid. I'm glad that  you've figured out how to fold your Ezyboxes and feel the need to evangelize this fact, but my ezyboxes are the first generation (they only came in one size at that time), and are too small to fold further (I have a studio full of Lastolite kit, I'm well aware of how to fold it). My mistake in not making that clear to OP (apologies, OP).

I find the double-fold westcott brollies to be poorly made (I have 2): every time I fold them, the tips come off the spars, it's a huge pain to have to put them back on again every time. I'm curious, do you have this issue yourself? I like their compact size, but I would not buy again.

Chas

Evangelise? A question was posted and I gave my opinon.. 
I havn't had any problems with the double folds, however I have had to glue back in the center post on the Westcott Mega JS Apollo 50" soft box..  Maybe I should evangelise about how not to travel with that one

Clueless Wanderer's gear list:Clueless Wanderer's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow