X100s Q button not programable

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael Perham
Senior MemberPosts: 1,061Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s Q button not programable
In reply to NachoYogi, Apr 21, 2013

NachoYogi wrote:

I agree,  but I have found that the ability to press and hold the Fn button to bring up the assignability menu to change the FN function between ND filter and ISO is suitably quick. Generally, when I go out during the day I have the FN button set to ND and inside or later in day I switch to ISO. Anyway, it's just a couple quicks and you don't have to do deep menu diving.

Well,  you could use the Q button to adjust ISO and dedicate the Fn button to the ND filter also (my approach) but still not the same as having the Q button programmable as was the old RAW button regardless of whether you wish to use it for the ND filter or some other function.

My point is, that for those that  shoot RAW only, the Q menu has little value so give it a secondary function that makes it useful to RAW shooters.

Michael Perham's gear list:Michael Perham's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow