Does it make any sense to purchase SEL24F18Z if you are not an experienced photographer ??

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
jk2l
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
Re: Does it make any sense to purchase SEL24F18Z if you are not an experienced photographer ??
In reply to beetle0042000, Apr 21, 2013

I have the 50mm for a while, and my other lens are 16mm, 16-50mm pz, 55-200mm.

In my experience so far, I love the 50mm as my low light situation lens. In compare with my other three lens, it perform much better without pushing my ISO high. but unfortunately this lens is rather difficult to use in indoor, the range is too long. If I want to take photo of a group of people during dinner. I have to stand very very far (like a table or two away depends how big is your group), so sometime I just have to use my kit lens and push my ISO high which I don't really like all those noise in the photo (also I don't bring tripod around, and often difficult to find a stable spot to put my camera on).

This lead me to order 24mm (it is coming to me maybe next week, haven't got it yet). I have picked the 24mm over other lens for few reason. I have 16mm, 50mm as prime. I want something in between, and 24mm seem like a good prime in between.  in compare to other lens like 19mm and 20mm, both are 2.8f, and for me I want a fast lens that as wide as possible so like 1.8f, so I picked 24f18z.

I know it is a quite pricy, but I have seen lot of photo and I really like this focal length over 35mm (it feel a bit too narrow for me).

that is my part of story picking a 24f18z. Maybe it doesn't really fit or answer your question, but i guess you can take it as someone else reason on picking lens

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow