Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shunda77
Senior MemberPosts: 1,652Gear list
Like?
Re: Well Stacey, none of this applies to wildlife photography...
In reply to JimPearce, Apr 21, 2013

JimPearce wrote:

Big prints: check (12" x 18" is routine for me). Need to crop: check. Autofocus is critical: check. Don't want less speed, reach and less viewfinder magnification with D800: check..but that depends. Which helps to explain why the D7100 is a hit with experienced wildlife photographers many of whom own a D800 and few of whom are "coming from" a D7000.

You just described a niche use. No one has argued otherwise regarding niche users.

I can't speak for photographers with different interests, but it seems to me that you're projecting your own needs and opinions well beyond their reach here.

Niche uses excluded, Stacy makes a very compelling argument. The D7100 just doesn't offer better image quality than the D7000, and like Stacy mentions, the advantages of the former are really only for a tiny proportion of the target market. For the majority, it is entirely reasonable to suggest that other gear may be of much more use than the cost of a new body that won't offer better image quality.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D5KNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow