Cameralabs D7100 review up: verdict...

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Shunda77
Shunda77 Senior Member • Posts: 1,858
Re: Well Stacey, none of this applies to wildlife photography...

JimPearce wrote:

Big prints: check (12" x 18" is routine for me). Need to crop: check. Autofocus is critical: check. Don't want less speed, reach and less viewfinder magnification with D800: check..but that depends. Which helps to explain why the D7100 is a hit with experienced wildlife photographers many of whom own a D800 and few of whom are "coming from" a D7000.

You just described a niche use. No one has argued otherwise regarding niche users.

I can't speak for photographers with different interests, but it seems to me that you're projecting your own needs and opinions well beyond their reach here.

Niche uses excluded, Stacy makes a very compelling argument. The D7100 just doesn't offer better image quality than the D7000, and like Stacy mentions, the advantages of the former are really only for a tiny proportion of the target market. For the majority, it is entirely reasonable to suggest that other gear may be of much more use than the cost of a new body that won't offer better image quality.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow