What is the Sigma 19mm good for?

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
richiemccaw
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the Sigma 19mm good for?
In reply to GaryW, Apr 21, 2013

Thanks Gary. The SEL35F18 was actually my first lens after I got the Nex. Got it really soon after it was released. I decided I had to grab the 19+30mm combo simply because of how cheap it was and how many reviews I have read here so far. Then came along a very good deal for a three month old copy of the SEL24F18Z.

I do have quite a few lenses right now. I've got other primes such as the Contax G 45mm+90mm, FD 24mm 2.8 + 50mm 14, Rokinon 8mm fisheye. Especially love the 45mm for its colours and sharpness.

However the good thing is that it does appear that my gear acquisition syndrome is pretty much healed (maybe except for a potential wide angle like the CV15 or upcoming CZ12). It's great that I have finally been able to get my hands on prime lenses in the 16-24mm range. I like the FOV that I get. The SEL35F18 has produced some really amazing pictures for me but it just hasnt been 'THE' lens like the feel I get immediately when I use the 19mm and 24mm. The more I use these two lenses, the more reluctant I am to swap in the other longer lenses.

richiemccaw's gear list:richiemccaw's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow