HDR Pro

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Questions thread
cplittleton
Regular MemberPosts: 369Gear list
Like?
Re: HDR Pro
In reply to alvie, Apr 21, 2013

I'm just learning HDR myself.  So far, my reading has said "exposure" should be different (expose for highlights, expose for midtones, expose for shadows).  The limited reading I have done to date does not say that aperture or shutter speed specifically needs to be used to vary the exposure.  Adjusting these might have unintended consequences in the image itself.

At my beginner level of HDR work, I'm just letting my camera auto-bracket 5 shots (my camera doesn't have a 3-shot bracket mode) and then I'm picking the three shots that best meet the exposure rule above to run through my HDR software (free / watermarked trial version of Photomatix).  As I look back at the images coming from the memory cards, my camera is adjusting the EV from -2 to +2 in 1-stop EV increments to generate my 5 exposures.

Sorry ... I haven't used HDR Pro so I can't answer your software question.

CPLittleton

cplittleton's gear list:cplittleton's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Nik HDR Efex Pro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow