A99 with sports (Review by Frank Doorhof)

Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Amateur Sony Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 5,303Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 with sports (Review by Frank Doorhof)
In reply to Alan_S, Apr 20, 2013

Alan_S wrote:

This is a puzzling issue to me. Other than a few initial test shots to see if there was a visible difference, I've always left the e-front curtain shutter on, and never noticed any ill effect (but then again, maybe some of my non-keepers were due to this? I don't know.). Would sure like to see an example of this issue and get an idea of just when one crosses the line.

I have seen it with when I briefly used A57 and Tamron 70-300USD. At 1/1600 speed I got lots of blurred shots. These shots were in fact in good focus but there were some kind of haze/ghosting surrounding main subjects (not just background). Unfortunately I throw away those shots so I can't show them to you. I also tested high speed with EFC on with my current A99 (with 70-400G), the result is much more acceptable (to the point I can't really show it on web resolution) but I still sense the image lack of that last bit of solid sharpness I know the lens is capable of. Once switched EFC off I have no more complain.

Is the answer to leave it OFF at all times except when needed with very slow shutter & tripod shooting? I have yet to see an off/on example of the affect.

That's what I do.

Amateur Sony Shooter's gear list:Amateur Sony Shooter's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow