Started Apr 20, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pebbleheed
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
Need help shooting the moon on GX1 / MFT
Apr 20, 2013

I decided to have a go at a moon shot tonight as it was a clearish sky and although not a full moon it was large and bright. As this was my first attempt at this I followed these instructions http://photographylife.com/how-to-photograph-moon but sadly the results are not as I hoped.

I wanted a nice clear moon shot as I've seen others produce with Micro Four Thirds cameras.

I was using a Panasonic GX1 with a Panasonic 45-200 lens. The camera was positioned on a tripod on solid and even stone ground. There was very little light around me as I live in the countryside and I turned all the lights off. I also used a remote shutter release. I used the settings as per the instructions in the link above however that didn't work so I switched to bulb mode for the shutter and I changed the aperture to f/22.

Could anyone advise on where I've gone wrong or on the settings I should be using for the above setup please?

Thanks

Pebbleheed's gear list:Pebbleheed's gear list
Nikon D7100 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop CS6 Nik Dfine +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow