Please help me to verify - Left AF Problem or lack there of

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Akshaj
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Re: Please help me to verify - Left AF Problem or lack there of
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, Apr 20, 2013

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

There seems a very slight loss of quality on image 2.

Why use a geometric pattern as a target when Nikon warn you they may cause poor results?

Geometric patterns can be 100% good - if you align the AF point perfect.

In shot 1 the red rectangle indicates alignment is a little bit off centre, and in shot 2 somewhat more off centre.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Yes, I agree that there seems to be a very slight loss of quality in extreme left focus point (PDAF and LiveView). I did a quick test in outdoor and following are the images

1) Left AF Focus Point (28mm F1.8 Aperture Priority, No AF-Fine tune) - 100% Crop near the focal point

100% Crop - Leftmost Focal Point, 28mm F1.8

2) Left AF Point LIVEVIEW - 100% Crop neat the focal point (28mm F1.8 Aperture Priority, No AF-Fine tune)

100% Crop - Leftmost Focal Point, 28mm F1.8

Based on what I have seen in internet regarding the Left AF problem, this is not that case.

I have tested this earlier this with 50mm F1.8 lens (at aperture F2.0) and it seems fine there also. However a lot of people commented in internet that Left AF problem is mostly visible on wide angle lenses (anything greater than 50mm lenses, it is not visible).

-Akshaj

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow