X20: The Default JPEG Myth

Started Apr 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: X20: The Default JPEG Myth
In reply to DS21, Apr 20, 2013

The reason 960x720 images have been posted is because images posted at twice that size would only make the images look twice as bad. If the OP was so happy with the images taken, she would obviously not be afraid to post them in full size. If they were posted at full size, it would make even more people return their X20’s who are not satisfied or make others decide to keep their X10’s.

Here is a post that someone had to use “3” separate software’s just to get a decent image!

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51309697 See the 3rd post to see how it was PP’ed.

I simply don’t think normal people should have to go through that much trouble and expense to get half way decent images from ANY camera. Life is way too short to go through all the trials and tribulations to get lousy JPEG’s and only mediocre RAW images only after extreme post processing. I was actually thinking about upgrading my G12 to the X20 until I started seeing the noisy/smeared/water colored images it took and how difficult they were to take. It did not take me long to figure out it was not worth the time, trouble or expense to upgrade/downgrade to that camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow