"Mirrorless" is the future???

Started Feb 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
SuvoMitra
Contributing MemberPosts: 796
Like?
Live and let live
In reply to dinoSnake, Apr 20, 2013

For some people, the optical view through the lens is an important part of taking or considering taking a picture. In some cases, this is about performance, as for low light or action photography and rapid panning. It may be an aesthetic thing in other cases - for example, looking through a fast 85mm lens at a portrait subject has a feel that an EVF can't yet match. I personally don't think it ever will, although all the people for whom this difference matters may die and nobody younger may care. For the time being, I don't see signs of this happening.

Like many DSLR users, I have bought and used several mirrorless cameras. I've produced perfectly satisfactory prints with them. There aren't many image quality issues that can't be worked around with the right lenses and PP. They are also good fun with articulated rear screens, touch focus, and what not. But as soon as I bring my eye to the EVF, regardless of model, I am always disappointed. Functionally, the better models are just fine, but something important goes missing. For  normal to telephoto range shooting at least, I hope there will always be cameras with optical TTL viewing.

So, why not enjoy the good things about your EVF clad mirrorless camera and let the OVF lovers be? Why this zeal to reform them or predict their extinction?

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Yes!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow